October 6, 2011

Babies Babies and More Babies

It's been a while since my last update, but I am still knitting! I have done lots and lots of doll dresses (which I still love doing, even after 20+ of them), and lately I've been making baby sweaters. A few months ago, I found out that three of my friends at work are expecting! So of course I had to take the opportunity to take on some knitting projects.

The first cardi is the popular February Baby Sweater for M. She loved it and got a little verklempt at her baby shower. :) I used Gedifra Extra Soft Merino in a pale pink. It really is so very soft and perfect for a baby! The shank buttons are vintage. M's colors are pink and brown. She had her baby girl on 9/10/11!




The 2nd cardi is also a February Baby Sweater. I think this brings the total to 8 of all the Feb Baby Sweaters I've made. I swear everyone loves them, and thankfully I'm not sick of them yet! It's for my friend Y who is having a baby boy. Y loves white and so I kept everything classy white, from the yarn (Gedifra Extra Soft Merino again, I love it) to the shank buttons. I decided to play with the pattern a bit to make a little collar. I think it turned out nice.



And last but not least, I made a fun cardigan for my friend J who is also expecting a baby boy. J likes stripes so I took the opportunity to practice knitting with two colors. I had forgotten how fun it was!


The yarn I used are Classic Elite Yarns Classic One Fifty in Blue Sky, with Gedifra Extra Soft Merino in White. The pattern is "Little Coffee Bean" which is available for free on Ravelry. It's a seamless sweater knitted from the top down, and the button band is picked up along the front and knitted on after. I used plain white 5/8"" buttons but added a little splash of color with bright orange thread!

I knitted the last two sweaters in 2 weeks, which is a record time for me. I just wanted to see if I could do it! It felt like cramming for finals 8-)

Phew. After these, I think I'm going to continue finishing some projects I've had laying around that are for myself. Then it's time to start thinking about holiday knitting! This year has gone by so fast.

No comments: