April 18, 2010

Bamboo Diamond Shell in Progress


I'm currently working on the Bamboo Diamond Shell from Boutique Knits by Laura Irwin. This is one of the best knitting books I have purchased in the past year - the patterns are wonderful and all the pieces are unique and beautiful.

I had trouble with counting my CO stitches and kept ending up with too many or too few. After taking it apart 4 times I'm finally on the right track! The bamboo cotton blend is Southwick by Valley Yarns - it's nice and "bouncy," really nice to work with and the subtle sheen is lovely. I'm about 3/4 through the bodice now and will be separating the sleeves soon. The diamond pattern is really easy as I got the hang of it too.

I decided to work the bodice longer so it's something more wearable for me. I love how it looked in the book, hopefully it will look just as nice with a longer bodice.

No comments: