May 16, 2009

Vintage Baby Knits


I love vintage-style knitting and often come across vintage patterns when I go thrifting and flea-marketing. Imagine my excitement when I read about a new book that's all about vintage baby knits!

Vintage Baby Knits is a charming treasury of more than 40 contemporary updates of timeless baby patterns. Author and longtime knitter Kristen Rengren amassed hundreds of knitting pattern booklets from 1920 through 1960 while working as a vintage clothing dealer, combing through estate sales and eBay listings. What a wonderful idea it was to update these classic patterns for the modern knitter!

One look at the beautiful photos and I was in love. As someone who loves knitting for babies, I can't wait to get my hands on the book and start some new baby knit projects for my friends and their little ones!

No comments: