February 18, 2009

February Baby Sweater, Take Two


Ah, I finally figured out EZ's pattern and finished my second February Baby Sweater! The second time was definitely easier than the first. I guess I was too excited and didn't read the pattern correctly the first time and made the increases around the collar too soon. The second time around, everything started to look right. Yay! I love this pattern so much!

The only thing I did differently from EZ's instructions - I put the two sleeves on waste yarn and finished the body first, then I picked up the sleeves and continued. I added seven stitches under the arms and they felt just right to me, not too bulky like a few people mentioned on Ravelry. With more friends having babies this year, I think I'll be making a few more of these EZ sweaters!

:: :: ::

Pattern from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac

No comments: